Monday, January 11, 2010

Welcome!

Thank you for checking out my blog of Peace Corps service in Thailand! There is still way too much to do and not nearly enough to say, so I'll keep it short.

Right now I'm t-minus 5 days from departure. Will be flying into Los Angeles at 6am Saturday for staging/orientation, staying overnight, then leaving for Thailand on Sunday for the next 27 months. The first 3 months will be intense training, during which I will hopefully learn a word or two of Thai, and maybe some other stuff too. After that I'll be on my own for 2 years in whatever village I'm assigned. Easy enough...

Stay tuned for more. Next time you hear from me I'll be in a much warmer place.

3 comments:

  1. bon voyage my sweet nephew!!! you will have an awesome experience I know....I cannot wait to follow you on here...be safe, and laugh, live, learn, love, and pedal that bicycle miles and miles
    xoxo
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you arrived in LA. Can't wait to read your postings. You know I am living vicarioulsy through you. enjoy and come back safe. xoxox Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey nephew...how is it???
    anxious to hear from you
    miss you and love you
    Wendi and Zach

    ReplyDelete